May 6th, 2014
Kindergarten Connection at the Urbana Civic Center on April 8th was a success! We had 184 families attend this first step into kindergarten!
If you missed the Kindergarten Connection and your child will be entering Kindergarten at Yankee Ridge Elementary school this fall, you are encouraged to go to the school to begin the sign-up process.
At the school, you, the parent or legal guardian, will complete the registration forms, sign-up your student for an August kindergarten screening, and receive a handbook with information about Urbana’s kindergarten classes and how to ensure success for your child.
Each neighborhood elementary school has set aside time between now and the end of the school year (June 4th) for parents who missed Kindergarten Connection but still need to start the registration process. Dates and times for Yankee Ridge Elementary is listed below. Starting the process now will help you to avoid the long “New Student” lines at Centralized Registration on July 29th – July 31st.
Kindergarten Connection/registration times for Yankee Ridge Elementary school is:
Yankee Ridge Elementary School
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
April 9th, 2014
April 9th, 2014
- April 10, 2014 (Thursday) 6:30pm Parent/Teacher Association (PTA) Meeting- YR Library
- May 15, 2014 (Thursday) 6:30pm PTA Meeting- YR Library
- June 4, 2014 (Wednesday) Last School Day
- July 29, 2014 (Tuesday) 10:00am-3:00pm Centralized Registration
- July 30, 2014 (Wednesday) 3:00pm-7:00pm Centralized Registration
- July 31, 2014 (Thursday) 9:00am-1:00pm Centralized Registration
**You must attend centralized registration to register your child, pay fees, and receive important school information**
- August 5, 2014 (Tuesday) Kindergarten Screening at Yankee Ridge
- August 6, 2014 (Wednesday) Kindergarten Screening at Yankee Ridge
- August 20, 2014 (Wednesday) First full day of school for half of the class
- August 21, 2014 (Thursday) First full day of school for the other half of the Kdg. class
- August 22, 2014 (Friday) All students in attendance (Kdg-5th grade)
- August 28, 2014 (Thursday) 6:00-7:15pm Family Night at Yankee Ridge
** Look for more information about Family Night at Yankee Ridge at Centralized Registration in July**
October 28th, 2013
Yankee Ridge school garden was a great success in its first year! Students were involved in the entire gardening cycle from planning, planting seeds, transplanting, weeding, watering, harvesting and preparing the garden for the winter. The students were excited to help with harvesting the tomatoes, kale, broccoli, lettuce, edamame, green beans, and cabbage. The students really enjoyed seeing tiny sunflower seeds grow into 6 foot beautiful plants. Every student in the school was given an opportunity to try some edamame when it was harvested.
Read the rest of this entry »
October 15th, 2013
The 2013 Walk n’ Roll to School event was a success at Yankee Ridge and around the USD #116 district.
Walking and rolling Yankee Ridge students and parents meet up at one of the four gathering spots that were selected by YR staff. Each spot had a special visitor that greeted the students. Once gathered, the students and parents walked together, meeting up with the other groups at the school. Parents were invited to stay for refreshments directly after arriving at Yankee Ridge. Read the rest of this entry »
← Older School News