Food Service Information, Menus and Nutritional Information
Food Service at Urbana School District is provided by Aramark. If you have any questions regarding the USD #116 Food Service program, please contact Aramark at Urbana Middle School (217) 384-3694.
Local School Wellness policy
Urbana School District (hereto referred to as the District) is committed to the optimal development of every student. The District believes that for students to have the opportunity to achieve personal, academic, developmental, and social success, we need to create positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environments at every level, in every setting, throughout the school year.
Research shows that two components, good nutrition and physical activity before, during, and after the school day, are strongly correlated with positive student outcomes. For example, student participation in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) School Breakfast Program is associated with higher grades and standardized test scores, lower absenteeism, and better performance on cognitive tasks. Conversely, less-than-adequate consumption of specific foods including fruits, vegetables, and dairy products, is associated with lower grades among students. In addition, students who are physically active through active transport to and from school, recess, physical activity breaks, high-quality physical education, and extracurricular activities – do better academically. This policy outlines the District’s approach to ensuring environments and opportunities for all students to practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors throughout the school day while minimizing commercial distractions.
Continuing for 2016-2017 School Year!
All K-12 USD #116 students (previously paid, reduced, or free), are now eligible for breakfast and lunch AT NO CHARGE! Regardless of previous eligibility.
USD #116 is pleased to inform our parents and families that we will continue to participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for school year 2016-2017.
ALL USD #116 SCHOOLS will participate in the CEP allowing us to provide healthy breakfasts and lunches each day at ALL schools at no charge to ALL students enrolled during the 2016-2017 school year.
Entree choices are listed on the monthly menus provided by Aramark, our food service provider and are linked below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Business Office at 384-3642.
Food Service Accounts and Payments
Parents or guardians can check their students’ food service accounts purchased al a carte items or meals and account balance by logging on to Skyward Family Access, and clicking on “Food Service” on the left-hand side menu.
Payment into your child’s account can be made in the following ways:
- You can mail a check directly to the school your child attends in care of Aramark; please be sure your student’s name and ID# are on the check.
- Students may pay in the lunchroom by placing cash or check payments in an envelope (with the student’s name, ID#, and the amount enclosed written on the front of the envelope) and dropping it in the deposit box in the lunchroom.
- Credit card payments. Credit card payments can be made via the Skyward Family Access link through the USD #116 Web Store.
Food Service Menus
Below, please find the monthly food service menu for USD schools and programs. These menus are updated on a monthly basis. Nutrition information for each of the meals are also provided below.
Urbana Early Childhood School
- Snack – English / March 2017
- Menú de Merienda – Español / marzo 2017
- Carb Info – UECS Snack / March 2017
- Supper – English / March 2017
- Breakfast & Lunch – English / March 2017
- desayuno y almuerzo – Español / marzo 2017
- Carb Info – Breakfast & Lunch / March 2017
After School Child Care Program (ASCCP)
This menu is for the supper program at the following schools: King Elementary, Leal Elementary, Dr. Preston L. Williams Elementary, UMS, and UHS. New starting 2015-16 school year – hot supper will be served twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Urbana Middle School
Urbana High School
New look – new menus! With the update of the UHS servery, kitchen, and commons area, the menus have also been revamped. With the new serving stations, there are four different lunch entree choices each day (Main Course, Green Street Deli, Corner Crust Pizza, and Custom Brothers Grill). Vegetable and fruit sides are represented by Take 3. Menus will change each week, in a 5 week cycle (cycle A through E). Lunch menus below are for the weeks of December 5, 2106 through week of May 5, 2017.
- Lunch Menu cycle calendar / December 5, 2016 – May 9, 2017
- Carb Info – Breakfast & Lunch
Harvest of the Month Newsletters
- Family Newsletter / March 2017
- boletín para la familia / marzo 2017
- Community Newsletter / March 2017
- boletín de la comunidad / marzo 2017
Nutritional Education Documents
- Winter 2016 – Ask the Dietitian
- Invierno 2016 – Pregunte al Dietista
- Winter 2016 – Fresh & Healthy
- Invierno 2016 – Fresco y Saludable
- Winter 2016 – Nutrition News
- Invierno 2016 – Noticias sobre nutrición