For more information on student registration, please visit the District Website’s Enrollment page.
Tuesday, April 8th 11:00 am – 5:30 pm – 2014 – 2015 Kindergarten Pre-registration at Urbana Civic Center.
See below for more information on the required documents for registration.
The following are requirements for enrolling your child for the first time in Urbana School District #116, for a child who is returning after being out of the district or for a child transferring from another school district. To save time and to speed the enrollment, you may print and complete required forms from this page.
What You Need To Register Your Child
- Your child’s official birth certificate (has a raised seal) – If your child was born in Champaign County you may get this from the C-U Public Health Department or the County Clerk’s office.
- Photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID or Passport)
- Proof that you live in Urbana - Your signed lease/mortgage or 2 of the following all listing the parent’s name and same address: driver’s license, utility bill, voter registration card, change of address from the post office.
- Phone numbers for doctors and emergency contacts.
Additional Information and Documents
- Personnel Record – General Information (form | form en Español)
- Student Transfer Form: ONLY for students transferring from another IL school
Note: All Illinois public school districts are required to provide this form to any student who is moving out of their school district to let the new IL school district know whether or not the student is “in good standing” and whether or not their medical records are up-to-date.
- Physical Form (pdf)
- Immunization records
- Dental exam – Kindergarten, Grade 2, Grade 6
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Health Survey
- Bus Rules and Expectations (pdf)
- Publicity and Photo Release Form (pdf)
- Internet Acceptable Use Form
For Leal Elementary School there is a $100 book / registration fee.
You can save time at fall registration by paying this fee online at the District’s Web Store. You MUST print and bring your Web Store receipt to fall registration. Use your child’s student ID number, which is found on his/her report card, to pay online.
As stated in the Urbana School District #116 Board of Education Policy, parents may request an assignment to an attendance center outside their residential area by making a written request to Don Owen, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction. For further information on these procedures, please contact 217-384-3651.