2015 Leal Fun Fair
Come rain or shine, the Leal School PTA will be hosting the annual Leal Fun Fair on Friday, May 15 from 5:30 to 7:30pm. The Fair will take place at the school, 312 W. Oregon St, and includes fun activities for the entire family!
- Carnival-style games, including Twister, Plinko, a Cupcake Walk, a Lollipop Tree, Soccer Bowling, and more
- A Bounce House and an inflatable slide with Fireman Phil
- Dunk tank running throughout the event with special guests, including Leal Principal Spencer Landsman and U of I athletes!
- The Taste of Leal, including the Piato Food Truck with dinner fare and homemade desserts
Presale tickets will be sold at a discount of 3 for $1 on Thursday, May 14th from 8–8:15am and 3–3:20pm, and on Friday, May 15th from 8-8:15am on the playground by the front door. (In case of inclement weather, tickets will be sold just inside the front door.) The night of Fun Fair, tickets will be sold 2 for $1.
Example of prices for some of the games and food:
- Twister (1 ticket)
- Lollipop tree (1 ticket)
- Helium balloons (2 tickets)
- Bounce house (2 tickets)
- Sliders from Piato (6 tickets)
- Hot dog from Piato (3 tickets)
The Silent Auction will take place during the Leal Fun Fair and will feature over 200 donated items from local businesses, items donated by the Leal community, and the always-popular “Brain Exchange” items from parents, students, teachers, and staff. (Check out the Leal PTA facebook page for daily updates on what has been donated to the Auction.) Some items will be available for bidding starting May 11 at the school. Anyone can bid on the items at the Fun Fair until 7:00pm. We encourage people to collect their items that evening; payments can be made by cash or check.
Fun Fair and Silent Auction is a huge community effort involving over 100 volunteers consisting of Leal parents, Leal alums, and community members. This is one of Leal’s biggest fundraisers of the year. All proceeds for the Fun Fair and Silent Auction go to Leal PTA to help all of our Leal students and teachers.