School Facilities Sales Tax Funds
The 1-cent countywide school facilities sales tax went into effect in January of 2010. Funds are allotted based on enrollment in each district. School districts can use the sales tax money for construction, renovation, maintenance and repairs, energy-efficiency work or paying off bond debt. Districts cannot use the money towards teacher salaries or curriculum materials.
Current and Future Projects Funded by Sales Tax
- Planned Facilities Improvements Overview (04/06/10)
- King Elementary School Renovations and Additions
- UHS Academic/Athletic Complex
- UMS Cafetorium
- UHS Auditorium
- UHS Central Air conditioning
- Prairie Elementary School Renovations
- New Early Childhood Center
King Elementary School Renovations
- King School Under Construction
- Groundbreaking Ceremony at King Celebrates New Additions
- King Students Get First Look at New Addition
- New Additions are Almost Ready for Fall
- King Elementary Celebrates Completed Renovations
UHS Academic/Athletic Complex
- Urbana High School Breaks Ground on New Athletic Complex
- Photo Gallery: UHS Academic and Athletic Complex Construction
- UHS JV and Varsity Boys Soccer Teams Break-in New Athletic Complex
- Opening Night at Urbana Tiger Academic/Athletic Complex
- USD Dedicates South Soccer Field
- The majority of the interior demolition has been completed
- The 3 story court yard infill building is well underway and will have the roof on this area before winter.
- All of the historical architectural components of this spectacular space are being restored or preserved.
- The renovation schedule indicates an August 2012 completion date.
- Photo Gallery: UHS Auditorium Renovations (12/15/11)