UHS Fall Sports Sign-ups Begin in JulyTweet
July is the month for fall sports sign-ups! Football sign-ups will be held on Thursday, July 19th, from 5-7 pm. Sign-ups for all other fall sports will be held on July 23rd, 25th, and 26th from 4 to 6 pm. All sign-ups will take place in the in the Urbana High School (UHS) multi-purpose area, and parents can access this facility by entering the building through door #9.
The following items must be done in order to complete the sign-up process:
- The orange district participation card must be completed and signed by both a parent and the student who will be participating in the activity. These oranges cards will be provided on the sign-up dates, but you can also pick up this document in the UHS main office prior to the designated dates if you wish to have it completed beforehand. Completing this document prior to the sign-up dates can expedite the sign-up process.
- Each student-athlete who is signing up to participate in sports must have a current physical on file. In order to be considered current, the physical needs to have been completed within the last year (365 days). If you do not have a current physical in your possession or on file in the UHS main office, you will need to see your family doctor or a local health care provider to have a sports physical completed. The School-Based Health Center located on the UHS campus is open and available for completing sports physicals. The cost of a sports physical at this facility is $20, and they do not do walk-in appointments. Call 217-239-4220 to make your appointment at the health center.
- All applicable fees must be paid in order to sign-up for sports. The district sports participation fee is $50, but it will be reduced to $25 or waived for individuals who are on free or reduced lunch
- All student-athletes must be covered by some type of health or accident insurance in order to participate in sports at UHS. The orange participation card will ask for the name of each family’s health care provider and your policy number. Individuals who do not have health insurance will have the option of purchasing student health insurance from the school district.
- Students who wish to sign-up for sports must also have all of their fines and obligations paid to the district before they are allowed to complete the sign-up process and begin participating in extra-curricular activities. Contact Ms. Terri Kinsel, the UHS bookkeeper, at 217-384-3505 if you have any questions about your fines.
Call 217-384-3533 to speak with Mr. Greg Hall, UHS Athletic Director, or Ms. Jenn Malik, the UHS Athletic Secretary, if you have any questions about the sign-up process.