Urbana School District 116 Strategic Plan
MissionThe mission of Urbana School District 116, a multi-cultural community committed to educational excellence, is to ensure that all learners acquire knowledge, develop skills, and build character to achieve personal greatness and help create a better global society, by providing innovative, comprehensive programs, respecting individual learning styles and cultural differences, and fostering caring and nurturing relationships, while engaging each student, every family and the entire community.
Status & ImplementationAs we move to implement our strategic plan and meet our goals, updates, status and other pertinent information will be provided here.
Update / Status
|1. Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment|
|2. Resources and Revenue|
|3. Engaging Students and Families|
|4. Community Partnerships|
|5. Respectful and Collaborative Learning Environments|
|6. Personally Challenging Educational Goals|
|7. Facilities, Technology and Infrastructure|
- each individual has inherent value.
- everyone can and will be a successful learner.
- learning throughout life is essential for people to thrive in a time of constant change.
- higher expectations and hard work are necessary for individuals to achieve full potential.
- trusting, positive relationships are built on honesty, integrity and respect.
- quality education is essential to sustaining and improving a healthy and just democracy.
- change, which involves risk, is necessary to stimulate creativity, innovation, progress and growth.
- caring and nurturing relationships are essential in every person’s life.
- everyone benefits when people willingly contribute to the well being of others and the greater good.
- understanding and appreciating individual and cultural differences is essential for success in a diverse interdependent world.
- each person is responsible for his or her own choices and actions.
- educational excellence is a shared responsibility of our entire community.
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment: We will ensure that all staff effectively deliver the curriculum and use assessment data to inform instructional practices in order to engage students in meaningful and relevant learning.
- Resources and Revenue: We will continue to maintain fiscal responsibility by prioritizing the use of existing resources, while pursuing additional revenue as well as supports available throughout our community.
- Engaging Students and Families: We will actively engage students and families in all aspects of the learning process.
- Community Partnerships: We will expand partnerships throughout our multicultural community to create innovative, relevant, and meaningful learning experiences for our students.
- Respectful and Collaborative Learning Environments: We will identify, model, integrate, and cultivate the positive character attributes valued by our multicultural community in order to create learning environments that foster mutual respect and collaboration.
- Personally Challenging Educational Goals: We will actively engage staff, students, and families, in designing a system, which helps students set and achieve personally challenging educational goals, tailored to their interest and aspirations.
- Facilities, Technology and Infrastructure: We will provide the facilities, technology, and infrastructure to support a comprehensive educational environment predicated on educational excellence.
- In decision-making, student well-being will always be given the highest priority.
- School and District Improvement Plans must always be consistent with the strategic plan.
- We always operate safe, supportive schools with environments conducive to learning.
- We will not tolerate behavior that is disrespectful or demeaning to any individual or group.
- No existing program or service will be retained unless it makes an optimal contribution to the mission and benefits continue to justify the costs.
- No new program or service will be accepted unless:
- it is consistent with the strategic plan
- benefits justify the costs
- provisions are made for professional development and program evaluation
- Operating fund balances will not fall below 25% of operating revenue
- We will not tolerate unsatisfactory performance by any staff member.
- We will not accept failure, as final, for any student.
- Within five years, 100% of our students will meet or exceed district benchmarks identified in our curriculum as measured by appropriate local assessments.
- Each student will set and achieve challenging educational goals tailored toward his or her personal, academic, career interests and aspirations.
- All students will develop and consistently demonstrate the positive character attributes necessary to become respectful and responsible contributors to a better world.