UHS Track Facility Public Use
The UHS Track Facility is part of the McKinley Athletic Complex located directly south of Urbana High School, along Race St. and Michigan Ave. Public hours for the track for summer 2016 are listed below. Public use starts on Monday, April 3, 2017.
2017 Public Track Hours:
Public track hours are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Hours for the months of April and May are (June and July TBA):
April & May
- 6:30 am to 8:00 am
- 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- April 6 & 13, AM hours only
- May 8 & 15, AM hours only
- CLOSED – May 29 – Memorial Day
Availability on the above dates are subject to change and the available days are listed on the USD #116 public events calendar. The UHS track facility will be closed for public hours if there are severe weather conditions, potential for severe weather conditions, and on official school holidays. This schedule is also contingent upon staffing availability.
PLEASE NOTE: The facility will not be available to the public when USD116 staff and students are present for academic and extra-curricular activities; or if the facility has been reserved. During public hours the public will have access to the track, but they will not be allowed to use any of the athletic fields.
URBANA’S TRACK RULES
When utilizing the track and complex area, please adhere to the following rules:
- Please wear appropriate shoes when walking/running.
- Please utilize the inside lanes for running and the outer lanes for walking.
- Please be respectful and courteous to others and the complex.
- No pets, bikes, skateboards or roller blades.
- No gum, food, or drink except water.
*Any comments or concerns should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org