District 116 Facilities Services
Director of Facility Services217-384-3662
School Facilities Improvement Plans
In order to provide our students and staff with the best possible facilities for achieving personal greatness, the following improvements have been planned and/or completed for each school building. Annual planned projects are scheduled by years based on available capital funds provided by the Board of Education and approved the prior year.
School Facilities Sales Tax Funds
The 1-cent countywide school facilities sales tax went into effect in January of 2010. Funds are allotted based on enrollment in each district. School districts can use the sales tax money for construction, renovation, maintenance and repairs, energy-efficiency work or paying off bond debt. Districts cannot use the money towards teacher salaries or curriculum materials.
Current, future and previous projects funded by the Sales Tax »
Application for Use of School Property
To request the use of an Urbana School District building or facility, download and print the Application for Use of School Property (pdf). Submit completed application to the Building Principal of the facility being requested. Any requested information must be received prior to your event or your Application will be denied.
ADVERTISING FOR THE EVENT SHOULD NOT BE DONE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR APPROVED COPY OF THE APPLICATION. To ensure your request will be approved please allow at least 15 business days for processing.
UHS Track Facility Public Use
The UHS Track Facility is part of the McKinley Athletic Complex, directly south of Urbana High School on Race St. and Michigan Ave. The track facility has open hours for the public during the spring, summer, and fall.
Pest Control Process
Effective September 25, 2000 Integrated Pest Management was put into place in public schools.
This state mandated clearly spells out the extent of pest control allowed in school facilities.
Here is a brief summary:
- Specialized bait stations are allowed for mice or other vermin within the facility when children are present.
- No snap traps are allowed to be used.
- Only catch box traps and glue traps are allowed to be used for mice.
- Minimal use of pesticide chemicals can be used. Only licensed applicators may apply chemicals.
- School District staff may not spray any chemicals even over the counter products.
- Records of a spraying schedule must be sent out each year with all dates and areas to be sprayed.
- Engineering Controls are to remove food sources and seal up any
cracks and crevice openings.
- We cannot spray for flying insects with any occupants in the building.
To report a problem with pests, please call 217-384-3662 and speak with Shannon Wright, Facilities Services, Administrative Assistant who is the District Designated Person for pest control. She will facilitate calling the Pest Control Company to examine the best course of action to reduce the pest control problem.