Information for Urbana Alumni & Transcript Requests
Established as the public high school for the city of Urbana in 1872 and now serving over 1,100 students, Urbana High School is the only high school of Urbana School District 116. Other District116 schools include six elementary schools and one middle school. Urbana High School has over 100 certified faculty members.
As the only public high school in District 116, the student body is quite diverse in regard to academic, cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds. The University of Illinois Family Student Housing is located in Urbana, contributing many foreign students. UHS students and staff have won numerous awards, including a state chess championship, earned scholarships to Ivy League schools, have been honored with music awards, competed at the state and national level in a variety of sports, and had their social justice group recognized by a national educational group.
Urbana Alumni Association
The Urbana Alumni Association is an all-volunteer organization devoted to supporting Urbana’s schools. The organization is constantly trying to assist our schools in every way possible. Membership is important to keep progress at the Urbana schools going. This year, the UAA helped get chairs for the orchestra and a new weight room for student athletes. Their efforts will continue by focusing on the Wall of Fame.
More information about the UAA can be found on their website.
Information about specific year UHS reunions can be found on the UHS reunion page.
Upon written request by a student or a parent/guardian, official transcripts of records may be sent only to other institutions.
Current UHS students may visit the UHS Guidance website for more information about ordering transcripts.
Alumni who graduated or withdrew more than one year ago, MUST complete this transcript request form AND do one of the following:
1. Email or fax (217-337-4973) the completed form to Piper Harvey, email@example.com and pay via the USD #116 Webstore (item is located under Urbana High School - transcripts/medical records. At this time, it is listed as 2014-15 High School | Transcript/Medical Records).
2. Mail the completed form and payment ($2.00 fee per transcript copy in check or money order made payable to Urbana School District #116) to the USD #116 district office.
Transcript request forms are also available in person at the Jean F. Burkholder Administrative Service Center at 205 N. Race St., Urbana, Illinois.
- Transcripts sent directly to students are unofficial. Transcripts in a sealed envelope picked up in person by the student or a parent/guardian are official.
- If the transcripts are for a student who is 18 years of age or older, the request must be made by that person.
- Please allow two to three business days for us to process your request.
If you have any questions, please call the District Receptionist at 217-384-3600.
FEE: There is a $2.00 fee (check or money order) per transcript copy for transcript requests. Transcripts will not be processed without payment.
If unable to print a transcript request form or come to the USD #116 district office, you may send a letter of request providing the following information:
- Your name (as it was in High School)
- Whether you "Graduated" or "Withdrew" and what "Year" you did so
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
- Exactly what you are requesting (for example: I am requesting my transcripts with ACT scores included.)
- The full address of the institution to which we are to mail the transcripts or if you are requesting unofficial transcripts provide us with your current mailing address
- Your signature and date on the letter with your phone number or email address in case we need to contact you
Transcript requests should be mailed to (please remember to include your $2.00 fee per transcript copy in check or money order made payable to Urbana School District #116):
Urbana School District #116
205 North Race Street
P.O. Box 3039
Urbana, IL 61803-3039